Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Grand Day


Yesterday was a day at the Grand Canyon. It was a really good day. The weather was really nice--low 90's, cloudy, sprinkles here and there. We squeezed about 3 hours out of the kids. Not too bad. I think they were more impressed by the birds and squirrels than the enormity of the Canyon. They're kids. That's ok.

It wasn't too crowded yesterday. We (fortunately) found a parking spot right off that was just a few steps from the information center, shuttle pickups, etc. I was a bit surprised by all the languages we heard as we poked around the canyon. At each stop, I'm certain we were the ethnic minority. Most of the English we did hear was spoken through thick accents.

For me, the Grand Canyon is just another testimony to the awesome creativity of our God. Its one of those moments where creation really reveals God's glory. I would love to go sometime and be able to hike down into the canyon, see a sunrise and/or sunset there--really drink in the splendor of God's handiwork. Maybe when we have older, more adventurous kids. Or, maybe without them altogether.

Shortly after we arrived back at the resort we were greeted with our first desert thunderstorm. It was nice to hear and see the rain. However, I don't think it will have any impact on our climate for the day. Today we're off to the Arizona Science Center and an afternoon at the resort. Should be a fun day.
I realized we didn't bring the cable for our camera, so I only have a couple of pics that I took with my phone. I'll upload the videos later today. You'll have to wait to see all our pics once we get back home. Sorry. :(

No comments: