Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Flowers and Things


We've got some really nice flowers blooming around the house these days. We didn't plant them and really haven't done anything to sustain them--that's probably why they look so nice! Just thought I would share this with you. If you're a horticulturalist (or would that be a botanist - I don't know), maybe you can tell me what they are because I haven't a clue!


On to other things, I was reminded through some devotional readings this past week that we have an enemy who is very strategic in his plans to move us away from God. One of his most potent strategies is to get us focused on what we don't have. It worked well in the Garden (See Genesis 3) and its pretty effective today. No big sermon here, I just thought I would encourage you to take some time this week to stop, look around, and soak in all the God has put around you (much like our flowers). Take some time and make a list of all that you do have, and then thank God for those things. You might even share the list with the people that mean the most to you (because they'll be on it!). Don't let Satan steal your joy because of what you don't have. Rejoice because of the things you do have.


1 comment:

dana said...

I'm not sure, but I think those are azaleas and irises.
Thanks for the updates.