Saturday, March 24, 2007

Saturday, In the Park

Well, today is a beautiful day in Arlington. The sun is out, there's a breeze blowing...a great day for getting outside and on the move. And that's just what we did. Jen and I took the kiddos to a nearby park for some bike riding, picnicing, playground fun. I finally took out my new mtb for the very first time (the old legs are a bit out of shape I must say). I opted to ride to the park while Jen and the kids took the Highlander. We met at the park, geared up, and hit the trail--literally.

About 5 minutes into the ride, Cloe suffered a colossal crash. She took a downhill turn a LITTLE too fast. You can check the pics for a shot of her trail rash. She was overheard later bragging on her war wound to another girl at the playground. All is good, but it ended our trail ride.


After that, the kids had a good time playing on the playground. We packed away some lunch, played some more, and hit the road back home. My legs are still burning from the final hill by our house! For the rest of the day we plan to take it easy, do some chores around the house, and get ready for a day of worship tomorrow.


Check out the rest of the park pics below.








2 comments:

Chris Robey said...

Cool you have a blog. I didn't know that. I haven't seen Cloe in a while. She is really growing up! I need to make it out to see you guys soon.


Check out my blog at http://chrisrobey.blogspot.com.

Chris

Unknown said...

That is cool. I had to view it at work. Doesn't work with dinosaur dial up.